Angeles Crest 100 race report 2016

 Angeles Crest 100 2016 race report


Last year I volunteered as a paramedic at mile 75 during the Angeles Crest 100.  The next day registration opened and I signed up.  It sold out very quickly (within minutes) and there way tons of computer glitches and drama.  Somehow I managed to get in though and so began my journey towards 100 miles.


Everything in life I love I tend to overdo it.  I really have two speed go and stop.  So once I am emotionally committed to the race I put everything I had into the training.


I awoke at 1am.  Had my coffee and yogurt.  I picked Willem and Shana up around 3:45am.  They had both generously volunteered to crew me.  Willem would pace me from Chantry (Mile 75) to the finish.  My friend John 



Finishing a 100-mile race is a team effort.  I had an amazing team that helped me be successful.  Followed me around all day, making sure I was eating and drinking is hard work.  John then paced me from mile 53 to 75.  Willem took over and paced me from 75 to 100.  So although I ran the race WE finished the Angeles Crest 100 mile endurance run in 23 hours and 49 minutes.  WE WERE 16th place overall.  I will forever be grateful for their hard work.  Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cocodona 250 race report

Redlands Fresh Air Challenge

Best of San Diego 100 miler 2021